Duke of York Square’s Fine Food Market is home to ‘The Pancake Man’ who has shared his top tips for making the perfect pancake at home:
1. If possible, invest in a good cast iron pan, as this distributes the heat evenly and maintains a steady temperature. Use this pan only for pancakes and nothing else (as though we needed an excuse to make them more often).
2. Cook on a medium heat, not too hot, on a pre-greased (preferably butter) pan.
3. Add beurre noisette (melted browned butter) to the mix, just before cooking.
And having tried a few fillings in his time, The Pancake Man says his firm favourites are:
1. Banana and Nutella
2. Fresh Strawberries and white chocolate
3. Morello cherries and whipped cream
4. Baileys, Coconut and Nutella
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and sign up to our newsletter to be the first to receive the latest news from the Square.