Duke of York Square’s Fine Food Market is home to ‘The Pancake Man’ who has shared his top tips for making the perfect pancake at home:
1. If possible, invest in a good cast iron pan, as this distributes the heat evenly and maintains a steady temperature. Use this pan only for pancakes and nothing else (as though we needed an excuse to make them more often).
2. Cook on a medium heat, not too hot, on a pre-greased (preferably butter) pan.
3. Add beurre noisette (melted browned butter) to the mix, just before cooking.
And having tried a few fillings in his time, The Pancake Man says his firm favourites are:
1. Banana and Nutella
2. Fresh Strawberries and white chocolate
3. Morello cherries and whipped cream
4. Baileys, Coconut and Nutella
Follow us on Instagram @dukeofyorksquare and sign up to our newsletter for the latest on events, offers and new openings.