Duke of York Square’s Fine Food Market is home to ‘The Pancake Man’ who has shared his top tips for making the perfect pancake at home:
1. If possible, invest in a good cast iron pan, as this distributes the heat evenly and maintains a steady temperature. Use this pan only for pancakes and nothing else (as though we needed an excuse to make them more often).
2. Cook on a medium heat, not too hot, on a pre-greased (preferably butter) pan.
3. Add beurre noisette (melted browned butter) to the mix, just before cooking.
And having tried a few fillings in his time, The Pancake Man says his firm favourites are:
1. Banana and Nutella
2. Fresh Strawberries and white chocolate
3. Morello cherries and whipped cream
4. Baileys, Coconut and Nutella
In line with government guidelines, our shops and restaurants remain open only for essential retail, virtual shopping appointments, takeaway food and click and collect services.
But our Christmas lights are sparkling, the Fine Food market will continue to take place on the running track each Saturday (with full safety measures in place) and many of our restaurants will deliver their delicious food to the comfort of your home.